Posted to users@camel.apache.org by NewCamelDev <kr...@ymail.com> on 2015/08/12 08:55:46 UTC

Camel mail component to get email notification(Instead of polling)

Hi All, I am new to camel and we are using the camel mail component to read
some emails on some fixed delay of 30 seconds. However our customer
complaints on receiving these emails in our application and I believe
decreasing the polling interval may increase the load on the server.

Would there be an other way to retrieve the emails from camel mail
component? Like registering a component that gets notified upon receiving an
email in the mail box instead of polling?

Thank you,
Alapati.

Re: Camel mail component to get email notification(Instead of polling)

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

No its polling based. But I think there is a JIRA about a event based
but that would require the mail server to support this, and also to
implement the needed code to do so. Not sure if the java mail api
supports this.

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 8:55 AM, NewCamelDev <kr...@ymail.com> wrote:
> Hi All, I am new to camel and we are using the camel mail component to read
> some emails on some fixed delay of 30 seconds. However our customer
> complaints on receiving these emails in our application and I believe
> decreasing the polling interval may increase the load on the server.
>
> Would there be an other way to retrieve the emails from camel mail
> component? Like registering a component that gets notified upon receiving an
> email in the mail box instead of polling?
>
> Thank you,
> Alapati.

Claus Ibsen
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus