Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com> on 2013/02/13 21:54:28 UTC

Question about domains/accounts/users

Hi everyone,

I'm reviewing the info here about CS domains, accounts, and users:

http://wiki.cloudstack.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=8224884

Can someone provide me with a concrete example as to how a Cloud Service
Provider might use this scheme?  I'm just thinking an example like CSP 1
has 20 customers.  This CSP might make use of CS domains, accounts, and
users this way: <example>

Thanks!

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

Re: Question about domains/accounts/users

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.
one could divy the customer accounts into separate domains. That way down
the line, if you expect the customers to want dedicated hardware, all
you'll have to do is associate it with the domain/account.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 4:13 PM, Mike Tutkowski
<mi...@solidfire.com> wrote:
> That does make sense...thanks, guys.
>
> When we talk about a Root Admin, is that just a User in an Account that is
> an Admin Type of Account in the Root Domain?

Yes.

Re: Question about domains/accounts/users

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.