Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com> on 2004/08/24 02:10:47 UTC

VPATH builds for SWIG perl bindings?

Is it known that VPATH builds for SWIG perl (i.e. 'swig-pl') don't work?

I get:

make: *** No rule to make target `Base.pm', needed by `pm_to_blib'.  Stop.

Looking at the generated Makefile, I don't see any reference to VPATH or
anything else that I would expect to get VPATH builds working.

However, Makefile.PL has $top_builddir and top_srcdir, so I think it's
probably fairly straightforward to get it working...  Unfortunately, I
don't know MakeMaker (I'm also allergic to Perl), so I'm not much help here.

Anyone have a clue here?  Thanks!  -- justin