Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Robin Rigby <ro...@gondolier.org.uk> on 2008/04/25 13:33:24 UTC

Problem after trunk update

Updated trunk.  Rebuild OK.  Then

mvn jetty:run

gives this first

ERROR [main] (ContextLoader.java:214) - Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException:
Unexpected exception parsing XML document from ServletContext resource
[/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml];
nested exception is java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
org/apache/cocoon/generation/ServerPagesGenerator, method: generate
signature: ()V)
Incompatible object argument for function call

and more like it, then

[INFO] Started Jetty Server

But the browser returns a 500 error.

Is this just me?

How do I identify which of the many /WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml in the
blocks referenced by cocoon-webapp is causing the problem?  The stack trace
indicates Spring was loading bean definitions (ServerPagesGenerator?) but
not which block.

Thanks

Robin

Re: Problem after trunk update

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 25.04.2008 07:33, Robin Rigby wrote:
> Updated trunk.  Rebuild OK.  Then
>
> mvn jetty:run
>
> gives this first
>
> ERROR [main] (ContextLoader.java:214) - Context initialization failed
> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException:
> Unexpected exception parsing XML document from ServletContext resource
> [/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml];
> nested exception is java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
> org/apache/cocoon/generation/ServerPagesGenerator, method: generate
> signature: ()V)
> Incompatible object argument for function call

Just a guess: Something in the ServerPagesGenerator has changed and it
is not binary compatible. The hierarchy is now inconsistent if not
everything has been recompiled. Does "mvn clean install" fix this?

Joerg