Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John & Valerie Dobbs <jd...@earthlink.net> on 2001/11/21 14:35:00 UTC

Starting Tomcat 4.0.1 on Linux (RH 7.2)

I've just installed Tomcat on my Linux box.  Couldn't find a startup.sh or catalina.sh to start it with.  Tried starting it with the tomcat4 script but got an error when trying to create /var/tomcat4/logs/catalina.out.  Not sure if I'm using the right script or the script needs to corrected.  I found it strange that I didn't find a startup.sh or something similar in the distribution.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.
John

Re: Starting Tomcat 4.0.1 on Linux (RH 7.2)

Posted by John & Valerie Dobbs <jd...@earthlink.net>.
I've installed Tomcat 4.0.1 from the rpms found at
/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.1.  I am experiencing difficulties
with these rpm files (some component files of length 0).  Has anyone else
had problems with these files?  I assumed that these were the files to use
for Red Hat Linux as opposed to the tar.gz files found in the /bin folder.

Thanks for your help,
John

Posted by John & Valerie Dobbs <jd...@earthlink.net>.
Thank you Allen.  I'm beginning to think I have a bad distribution - I can't
find any files that look like startup.sh and shutdown.sh.  I think I will
remove and download again.  I must have missed something.

John

Posted by Allan Kamau <hu...@yahoo.com>.
Hi John and Valerie,

Re: Catalina Authentication PLS Help !!

Posted by Barry White <ba...@charter.net>.
I remember some discussion about this subject.  Have you searched the
achives?

URGENT !!! Please HELP !!!

How To Send Users To A Default Page After Form based Login ?