Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Boris Kolpackov <bo...@codesynthesis.com> on 2007/05/01 23:22:22 UTC

release plan

Hi,

Does anybody have an idea when 3.0.0 might be released? If 3.0.0 is
not in the near future, is there any chance we will see 2.8.0?

My main problem is the large number of bugs that have been found
and fixed after 2.7.0. I often have to backport patches for our
clients in order to make 2.7.0 usable. This makes the whole process
very messy.

thanks,
-boris

--
Boris Kolpackov
Code Synthesis Tools CC

RE: release plan

Posted by Scott Cantor <ca...@osu.edu>.
> Does anybody have an idea when 3.0.0 might be released? If 3.0.0 is
> not in the near future, is there any chance we will see 2.8.0?

FWIW, I would favor a 3.0.0 release and I'll help test if I can, I just
wasn't sure what state it was in. I really need the application-controlled
DOM heap size in order to avoid custom patches myself.

-- Scott