Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> on 2006/07/25 20:45:58 UTC

Repository discussion (was GroupId for DayTrader needed)

Looks interesting.  It does solve some of the issues we're having.  One thing that keeps resonating
in my ears from users is Tomcat is so easy.

The goal of the repository is to store artifacts needed by the server for both its own internal
componentry as well as deployed applications.  At this point (correct me where I'm wrong) but we
have the core repo and in place deployment which allows users to point to their application.  Not to
mention hot-deploy.

I haven't thought through this all but do people think users will require multiple repo strategies?
  I like the idea of a flat file structure so people can manipulate the dir on their own without a
server active.

Perhaps we need a repo contest :)

Re: Repository discussion (was GroupId for DayTrader needed)

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
I think we need to fix up how the repo is used before we can do
anything fancier.  Specifically, we need to abstract the usage of
java.io.File.  There is already too much going outside of the repo
API to access files directly in the repository.

After that... then we could easily support an aggregated repo view
over a set of repositories.

--jason