Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Dj Apal [GR]" <dj...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/15 09:39:45 UTC

Trinidad regexp validation

Hello all.

I'm trying to use this tag for validating integers but even the example from
the site doesn't work.

The value must match this pattern: [9]*

I get the same message all over again. Anyone has same probs? Using Trinidad
1.0.10 (for jsf 1.1)
TIA

Re: Performance issues with JSF

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Another thing to check is the time between the DOMContentLoaded event
and the page OnLoad event. The former occurs when the page DOM
structure has been loaded by the browser, but no external entities has
been loaded, and the second after the resources have been loaded and
any JavaScript has been executed.

You can use Firebug on Firefox or Safari 4 to view the network load
and how long each took to load. Firebug will show you all the response
headers sent and received so that you can see which ones had the
"If-Modified-Since" header sent by the browser and which ones received
back a content not modified (304 code) to let you know that the CSS,
JS or image file was successfully cached.

With the cook menu, there could be a large delay in JavaScript
especially on older browsers or IE if that code does too much
JavaScript initialization. You can try to set the rendered flag to
false on certain components with JavaScript to also try to discover
the large parts of delay.

Another common JSF usage problem is to tie EL expressions to code that
does slow work. For example, tying the value attribute on a table
component to a getter that performs a database query. JSF re-evaluates
EL expressions quite often on components. A good strategy is to load
all the resources for a page at the start of the request (you can use
a PhaseListener attached to the UIViewRoot to do this cleanly) to
ensure that when the EL is invoked, it is a simple return of a loaded
value.

Hope that helps,
Andrew

Posted by Madhav Bhargava <Ma...@infosys.com>.

Posted by Jan-Kees van Andel <ja...@gmail.com>.
Also, as you probably know, the second time you access a JSP, it
should be *much* faster, since it needs to be compiled the first time.
If your app is only slow the first time you access a page, there may
be no problem.

But, show us some timing results. Where is the bottleneck?
With a simple PhaseListener, you can measure the JSF lifecycle. Just
count the milli- (or nano-) seconds every phase takes.

And while you're at it, you might also want to print the duration of
the entire request. A filter is a good place, since it also covers the
Ajax4jsf Filter, etc.

When you know the performance of the server side, install a good
network monitoring tool. FireBug works fine for me most of the time.
It has a simple network tab where you can see the durations and timing
of web requests (CSS, JS, images...).

You need to find the problem before fixing it.

When you really don't know how to find/fix the problem, but you're
sure the problem is web related, try the YSlow plugin for Firebug.

If you can post a simple benchmark or something like that, we may be
able to help you further.

Regards,
Jan-Kees

Posted by Victor H De la Luz <it...@gmail.com>.
Saludos!

I had similar problem, but finally I found that was design problem.

I was creating a lot of session beans, when the client login the first
time, the response time was incredible slow and many times in some
places of the applications when the data was stored in the session
beans.

So, I changue the major of session bean for application bean (when was
possible). I think that you need search for the number of beans and
try to use the logic. ¿How many beans do you use for one single
client? ¿What happen if you have 100 users in the system?

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 4:23 PM, Jan-Kees van
Andel<ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You might be able to upgrade to WAS 6.1, which supports Java 5. This
> may be a less big hurdle for your company/client than upgrading a full
> major release.
>
> /JK
>

> 2009/7/20 Kito Mann <ki...@virtua.com>:
>> Hello Shasi,
>>
>> Honestly, looking at your stack, I think you could gain the biggest
>> performance boost by either switching to JDK 1.5 or upgrading to WAS 7.0
>> (which I'm sure isn't a trivial task politically).
>>
>> Upgrading to Facelets is a great long-term move, especially since JSF 2.0
>> includes Facelets. It's pretty painless, especially if you're using the JSPX
>> syntax (which most people don't use). However, using Tiles complicates the
>> process, and it's certainly not something I would try with a larger app at
>> the last minute.
>>
>> So, read the articles I mentioned, follow the advice on this list in order
>> to find and eliminate bottlenecks, and try upgrading your JDK.
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 5:27 AM, Shasi Mitra Yarram <sh...@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi - This is my configuration
>>> 1.JSF1.1
>>> 2.MyFaces 1.1.6
>>> 3.Tomahawk 1.1.8
>>> 4.IBM Websphere Server 6.0
>>> 5.Ajax4JSF1.1

--
ItZtLi

Re: Performance issues with JSF

Posted by Jan-Kees van Andel <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kito Mann <ki...@virtua.com>.
Hello Shasi,

AW: Performance issues with JSF

Posted by David Gampe <dg...@texcelerate.biz>.
"Somebody mentioned that using jsp as page description slows down
performance. Instead use Facelets. Can you tell what he meant?"

I've read that facelets fits in the jsf life cylce and jsp doesnt (that
good). So handling jsps in the jsf life cycle take 10%-15% of the speed of
your app.
(so it is written... http://jsfatwork.irian.at/semistatic/facelets.html)

greetz
david

      Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more. Click here http://cricket.yahoo.com

Re: Performance issues with JSF

Posted by Kito Mann <ki...@virtua.com>.
Hello Sashi,

Posted by Kito Mann <ki...@virtua.com>.
Hello Shashi,

Posted by Shasi Mitra Yarram <sh...@yahoo.com>.

      See the Web&#39;s breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz. http://in.buzz.yahoo.com/

Re: Trinidad regexp validation

Posted by "Dj Apal [GR]" <dj...@gmail.com>.
Thnx Matthias!
For the time being I switched to server side validation (custom class etc).
I'll have that in mind though.
Thnx again!

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
fixed: TRINIDAD-1317

please get the latest branch, to consume the update;
I hope to run a release kinda soon.

-Matthias

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 8:44 AM, Dj Apal [GR]<dj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes same issue. :(
> Thnx for the info
>
> 2009/7/15 Mamallan Uthaman <ma...@oracle.com>
>>
>> Hi Dj Apal,
>>
>> Do you have this problem only during client-side validations? Not sure if
>> it is the same problem reported in the issue below
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-1339
>>
>> Thanks
>> Mamallan
>>
>> Dj Apal [GR] wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello all.
>>>
>>> I'm trying to use this tag for validating integers but even the example
>>> from the site doesn't work.
>>>
>>> The value must match this pattern: [9]*
>>>
>>> I get the same message all over again. Anyone has same probs? Using
>>> Trinidad 1.0.10 (for jsf 1.1)
>>> TIA
>>>

>>> --

Matthias Wessendorf