Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Eric Barboni <Er...@irit.fr> on 2012/08/24 14:46:45 UTC

Feedback on archiva configuration workflow or unit test

Hi folks,

I work on trying to fix some module having bad test but honestly I'm not
very experience in spring and web app behaviour.

I commited
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1376884
<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1376884&view=rev> &view=rev

I try to test each method of ArchivaConfigurationTest individualy.
One was failing:
testGetConfigurationFromDefaultsWithDefaultRepoLocationAlreadyExisting.

I put this method on a class executed before ArchivaConfigurationTest =>
failure
I put this method on a class executed after ArchivaConfigurationTest =>
success

Well I am confused:
 is the
testGetConfigurationFromDefaultsWithDefaultRepoLocationAlreadyExisting
complete enough
 is there a bug in configuration module because
testGetConfigurationFromDefaultsWithDefaultRepoLocationAlreadyExisting is
correct

Any help or feedback appreciated.

Eric skygo

Re: Feedback on archiva configuration workflow or unit test

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Sorry for delay.
Fixed  see commit http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1377860

testGetConfigurationFromDefaultsWithDefaultRepoLocationAlreadyExisting
was wrong as it use a non default configuration (it load one from
src/test/resources/org/apache/archiva/configuration/test-default-archiva.xml
which is not a default one)

--
Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com