Posted to users@camel.apache.org by sh...@bdbizviz.com on 2015/05/20 09:55:36 UTC

Using camel in OSGI bundles.

Hi all,

I am new to camel framework. I am using camel framework in OSGI bundles for
simple routing purpose. Right now I am using single OSGI camel context. When
the OSGI bundle starts, the single context is also started and the context
is closed when the bundle stops. Regarding this, I have few questions.
Please guide us.

1) Is this the right way using the OSGI camel contexts?

 2) I have written two custom camel components(these are the data providers
to my camel route) and I am adding that components to the OSGI camel context
when the application starts, Is this right ?

3) If there is an issue in this custom component, will it affect the entire
camel context?

This is how I am initializing the bundle OSGI camel context.

OsgiServiceRegistry reg = new OsgiServiceRegistry(bundleContext);

this.context=new OsgiDefaultCamelContext(bundleContext, reg);

Thanks  in advance.

Shemeem

Re: Using camel in OSGI bundles.

Posted by yogu13 <yo...@gmail.com>.
Hello Shemeem,

Not that i have tried the above way of using camel + osgi... we have used it
using Aries Bluprint on karaf as blueprint manages the camel context for us
and gives support for XML DSL along with DI needed for our usecases.

Regards,
-Yogesh