Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Jan <cn...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2016/03/03 06:52:33 UTC

Kafka over Satellite links

Hi folks;
does anyone know of Kafka's ability to work over Satellite links. We have a IoT Telemetry application that uses Satellite communication to send data from remote sites to a Central hub.
Any help/ input/ links/ gotchas would be much appreciated.
Regards,Jan

Re: Kafka over Satellite links

Posted by Mathias Herberts <ma...@gmail.com>.
Sat links induce roughly 250ms of latency, you have to tweak TCP Windows so
you can saturate the link as much as you can, but besides that Sat links
are rather common.

Posted by Jan <cn...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Thanks for the input.

Posted by Christian Csar <ch...@csar.us>.