Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ranjith K babu <ra...@relq.com> on 2003/12/09 06:46:58 UTC

HI - Http Proxy Server

Hi All

Am trying to record through Http Proxy Server , these are the steps i
have followed ...
1. created a new test Plan with a thread group say TG1
2.Added one simple controller , and one assertion results.
3.added the Http Proxy server in the workbench .... and set the port to
8090 as i am using Jboss for diff application and port 8080 is been
used.
4.now i changed port the lansetting in the IE to 8090 and ip to
localhost .... !

am not able to browse the sites i wanted to record , coz my sysmtem is
using diff Ip (My proxy ip is diff-- i think that is the reason am not
able to record).what can i do now , how can i record ....!

 am runnign an project in web and wanted to record ....! this project
uses Jboss so the port 8080 is been used by that .

** please can anyone suggest hwo can i proceed further to perform the
testing..:

thanx in advance
have a nice time
Ranjith
----------
"Raise the Bar"

the positive or the alternate negative response has been
> received.
> >
> > Is this possible? If so, how would it be done?
>
> The following suggestions relate to builds after 1.9.1, so you would
need to download one of the nightly builds.

> The Thread Group now has a set of options for action to be taken on
Sampler Error.
> You could set the action to Stop Thread or Stop Test, and then add
the appropriate Assertions to cause the Sample to fail where
> required. This assumes that the web service encodes the
positive/negative reponse in the data, rather than in the HTTP response
> code - i.e. the Sample responses must be successful; you can then use
the Assertion to set the sample as failed.

> [The plan was to extend the Stop on Error options to allow more fine-
grained control, but this has not yet been implemented.]

> However, if you are prepared to code a short Java script, what you
ask should be possible using the latest CVS build - provided that
> you get one with BeanShell support compiled in (the build log will
tell you if so). You would also need to download the beanshell
> jar from www.beanshell.org as this is not distributed with JMeter.
>
> The BeanShell Response Assertion allows you access to all the
response fields and methods, including stopThread() and stopTest().

> The response fields are accessible as the following variables
(Strings):
> ResponseData - this is of type byte []
> ResponseCode
> ResponseMessage
> ResponseHeaders
>
> So you could code something like:
>
> if (ResponseCode.equals("123")) {
> Response.setStopThread(true);
> }
>

> > The nature of the web service is such that there will be an unknown
number of initial negative iterations.

> Such is life!

Ranjith K Babu
V&V Engineer ,