Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by kaushik <ka...@siptech.co.in> on 2003/04/03 09:40:23 UTC

[users@httpd] How to configure Apache to run JSP and Servlets

How do i configure Apache to run JSP 1.2 or higher and Servlets 2.3 ? I
am completely new to this? Do i need to have JSDK or something like
that? What about Apache JServ?
    If i am correct Tomcat is an application server and my client does
not require an application server as of now(due to resource constraints,
i know tomcat is free) I think it would require a lot of memory as such.
So thats the reason i chose Apache. My project needs to be completed
ASAP. i was using Oracle HTTP Server(which is nothing but Apache on top
of which oracle provides some additional functionality). Obviously
oracle requires a license( which my client does not want to spend his
money on). Thats the primary reason. I can maybe after sometime
incorporate Tomcat (i would get some breathing space). If u know how to
conf please do let me know. Thnx in Advance.

--
Kaushik G Mehta
Sip Technologies & Exports Ltd.,

"Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's
troublesome."
- Isaac Asimov