Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net> on 2007/10/02 17:49:37 UTC

Re: When builds are done in multi-module projects ?

Damien Lecan a écrit :
>> Can you look at logs the "enqueuing" lines to see if projects are in the right order?
>
> It seems.
> They are always in the same order for each build definition
> executions, but not exactly as the same as it is this displayed by
> Reactor when builing from parent pom.
> Subprojects with "pom" packaging are build earlier by Continuum than
> by Reactor, but nothing depends on them.
>
>> Do you have scm changes between each build?
>
> Of course not, otherwise the number of builds on the second continuum
> instance would have been greater than 1.
>
> The 2 configurations were running together last night.
>
>> I'll try to reproduce it.

After few try, I can't reproduce your issue. I have always the same number (1) of build result on each project

> Are you working on a fast machine ? Because my server is slow, maybe
> some processes begin before the end of other processes.

Yes, it's a fast machine.

> Eg :

> [defaultScheduler_Worker-13] INFO  Continuum:default  - Enqueuing 'RUS
> Server Project' (Build definition id=4).
> [defaultScheduler_Worker-13] INFO  Continuum:default  - Enqueuing 'RUS
> commons' (Build definition id=4).
> [defaultScheduler_Worker-13] INFO  Continuum:default  - Enqueuing
> 'Domain Parent' (Build definition id=4).
> [defaultScheduler_Worker-13] INFO  Continuum:default  - Enqueuing
> 'Persistance Parent' (Build definition id=4).
> [pool-1-thread-1] INFO  buildcontroller.BuildController:default  -
> Initializing build
> [defaultScheduler_Worker-13] INFO  Continuum:default  - Enqueuing
> 'Persistance Data' (Build definition id=4).
> [defaultScheduler_Worker-13] INFO  Continuum:default  - Enqueuing
> 'Persistance API' (Build definition id=4).
> [defaultScheduler_Worker-13] INFO  Continuum:default  - Enqueuing
> 'Domain API' (Build definition id=4).
> [defaultScheduler_Worker-13] INFO  Continuum:default  - Enqueuing
> 'Persistance Mock' (Build definition id=4).
> [pool-1-thread-1] INFO  BuildController:default  - Starting build of
> RUS Server Project
> [defaultScheduler_Worker-13] INFO  Continuum:default  - Enqueuing
> 'Domain Test Framework' (Build definition id).
> ... enqueuing continues by 16 modules more
>
> As we can see, build begins before the end enqueuing.
> I don't know if it is normal or not.

Yes, it can be normal and it isn't a problem. When the task manager have something in the queue, it start the process.

Emmanuel

Re: When builds are done in multi-module projects ?

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
Thanks.

Emmanuel

Posted by Damien Lecan <ml...@dlecan.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Damien Lecan a écrit :
>> ok, with two build def, it was easy to reproduce it :)
>
> Ouf, I'm pleased to read that :-)

I know :)

>> After to check scm changes, Continuum look at dependencies changes. To do that, it look only at dependencies that are continuum project too. For them, a new version is detected if the latest build
>> result of the dependency/project is more recent than the latest build result of the current build definition. In case on more than one build def, we can't know if all build def of the dependency
>> generate an artifact or not, we know only if a new build was done and we add it in dependencies changes.
>
> It is what I suspected. Thanks to testing again

np

Posted by Damien Lecan <ml...@dlecan.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Emmanuel Venisse a écrit :

>>> After few try, I can't reproduce your issue. I have always the same
>>> number (1) of build result on each project
>>
>> With 2 build definitions together ? Aaarrgghh :(
>
> Oooops, no.
>
> I'll do a new test.

ok, with two build def, it was easy to reproduce it :)
I understand why it happen but unfortunately, I don't think we can't fix it for 1.1.

The problem:

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Damien Lecan <ml...@dlecan.com>.