Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alexander Wallace <to...@rwsoft-online.com> on 2002/08/16 12:25:46 UTC

Realms advise.

Not being experienced with realms I want to ask for your advece, will
this work?

I need to validate not only username and password, but one extra field
(an integer, OfficeID). This is becouse my webapp can service users from
different offices, and each office has it's own set of users and data.
In other words, The app needs to make sure that there is a username X
with password Y for Office Z.

Will realms work here?

I guess before continuing with my questions I'll wait to find out. Since
they may be particular to the use of realms or other options.

Thanks in advance!