Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nikola Milutinovic <Ni...@ev.co.yu> on 2005/05/28 16:52:31 UTC

[Addendum] Re: Tomcat and RMI client - setup (ClasCastException)

Bill Barker wrote:

>"Nikola Milutinovic" <Ni...@ev.co.yu> wrote in message
>

>>- setup catalina.policy
>>- run it with "-security" option
>>
>>I'm on Windows XP, how do I enable security mode  for TC?
>>

>That's the idea.  And, as a bonus, it works the same on Linux, Solaris,
>OS/X, .....

OK. I've realised that TC should handle security and now it works - on
5.0.19, imbeded in JBuilder.

Well, I meant ot say it partially works. This is what I have set:

-Djava.security.manager
-Djava.security.policy=.../conf/catalina.policy
-Djava.rmi.server.codebase=http://localhost:8080/MyApp/classes/

All seams to work except, I get a class cast exception when I cast this:

Object obj = Naming.lookup( "//localhost/Search" );
SearchRMI search = (SearchRMI) obj;

The funny thing is, when I inspect the result from the JBuilder, it
shows that obj is of a class SearchImpl_Stub, which implements SearchRMI
interface.

I suspect I'm being hit with some RMI classloader issue, so my next
question is:

Has anyone done this? And what am I doing wrong?

Nix.