Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Aaron Cody <ac...@hexiscyber.com> on 2014/07/08 21:17:31 UTC

quick ambari security question

hello
Is it correct to assume that if we configure Ambari to use an external LDAP server, that all web-app/REST call/user authentication/authorization will then be delegated to LDAP?

TIA

Re: quick ambari security question

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
For authentication, yes.
For authorization, Ambari does not map LDAP groups to roles currently.
For example, to give an LDAP user the admin privilege on Ambari, it
has to be explicitly set via the UI (or API); there's no way to say
"all users belonging to LDAP group hadoop-ops should automatically
become an Ambari admin", as of Ambari 1.6.1.

However, there's a plan to introduce a more comprehensive
authentication / authorization framework with better LDAP integration
as part of 1.7.0.

Yusaku

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE