Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Sean Leblanc <Se...@e-infodata.com> on 2003/01/20 22:10:12 UTC

No deployment descriptor?

I'm trying to call an RPC per the directions supplied at
http://xml.apache.org/soap/docs/index.html
<http://xml.apache.org/soap/docs/index.html> . However, I get an error
(below).

I'm wondering if it's because I'm supposed to put a pointer to my deployment
descriptor into setTargetObjectURI. But I can't seem to find one in the WSDL
I'm trying to use, so I just set that to the URL of the WSDL. Is there
something I should be generating, or writing up by hand for this deployment
descriptor?

Response:[Header=null] [methodName=null] [targetObjectURI=null]
[encodingStyleURI=null] [SOAPContext=[Parts={[cid:null type: text/xml; chars
et=UTF-8 enc: null]}]] [fault=[Attributes={}] [faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Server]
[faultString=WSDLReader: None of the matching operations for soapA
ction http://tempuri.org/action/SOAPOrder.GetNewOrders could successfully
load the incoming request. Potential typemapper problem] [faultAct
orURI=null] [DetailEntries=
[(0)=<mserror:errorInfo
xmlns:mserror="http://schemas.microsoft.com/soap-toolkit/faultdetail/error/"
><mserror:returnCode>-2147024809</mserro
r:returnCode><mserror:callStack><mserror:callElement><mserror:component>WSDL
Reader</mserror:component><mserror:description>None of the match
ing operations for soapAction
http://tempuri.org/action/SOAPOrder.GetNewOrders could successfully load the
incoming request. Potential typem
apper
problem</mserror:description><mserror:returnCode>-2147024809</mserror:return
Code></mserror:callElement></mserror:callStack></mserror:e
rrorInfo>]
] [FaultEntries=]] [Params={}]

TIA.

This e-mail, including attachments, is intended for the person(s) or company
named and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information.
Unauthorized disclosure, copying or use of this information may be unlawful
and is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this
message and notify the sender.

Re: No deployment descriptor?

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
What Apache SOAP calls the TargetObjectURI is the namespace of the
call, which is commonly the value for the targetNamespace attribute
of the root element (<definitions>) in the WSDL.

On 20 Jan 2003 at 14:10, Sean Leblanc wrote:

> I'm trying to call an RPC per the directions supplied at
> http://xml.apache.org/soap/docs/index.html. However, I get an error
> (below).
>
> I'm wondering if it's because I'm supposed to put a pointer to my
> deployment descriptor into setTargetObjectURI. But I can't seem to
> find one in the WSDL I'm trying to use, so I just set that to the URL
> of the WSDL. Is there something I should be generating, or writing up
> by hand for this deployment descriptor?
>
> Response:[Header=null] [methodName=null] [targetObjectURI=null]
> [encodingStyleURI=null] [SOAPContext=[Parts={[cid:null type:
> text/xml; chars
> et=UTF-8 enc: null]}]] [fault=[Attributes={}] [faultCode=SOAP-
> ENV:Server] [faultString=WSDLReader: None of the matching operations
> for soapA
> ctionhttp://tempuri.org/action/SOAPOrder.GetNewOrders could
> successfully load the incoming request. Potential typemapper problem]
> [faultAct
> orURI=null] [DetailEntries=
> [(0)=<mserror:errorInfoxmlns:mserror="http://schemas.microsoft.com/soa
> p-toolkit/faultdetail/error/"><mserror:returnCode>-2147024809</mserro
> r:returnCode><mserror:callStack><mserror:callElement><mserror:componen
> t>WSDLReader</mserror:component><mserror:description>None of the
> match
> ing operations for soapAction
> http://tempuri.org/action/SOAPOrder.GetNewOrders could successfully
> load the incoming request. Potential typem
> apperproblem</mserror:description><mserror:returnCode>-
> 2147024809</mserror:returnCode></mserror:callElement></mserror:callSta
> ck></mserror:e
> rrorInfo>]
> ] [FaultEntries=]] [Params={}]
>

> TIA.
>

> This e-mail, including attachments, is intended for the person(s) or
> company named and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged
> information. Unauthorized disclosure, copying or use of this
> information may be unlawful and is prohibited. If you are not the
> intended recipient, please delete this message and notify the sender.

Scott Nichol

Re: No deployment descriptor?

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.