Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Shaoguang Cong <sc...@uhc.com> on 2004/08/02 23:58:09 UTC

When accessing a public service get java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

I try to do a web service test.  My client calls the following web service.
http://services.xmethods.net/soap/urn:xmethods-delayed-quotes.wsdl

I got a Connection timed out error.  I verified that the service is running on the xmethods site.  So it's probably due to the firewall since we need to use a proxy server to go through corporate firewall.  But I cannot find a way to specify the proxy server/port when using Axis.  Anyone knows what could really cause the problem and any solution?

Thanks in advance.
Shaoguang

SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Error opening socket: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect; targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error opening socket: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect]

 at org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(SOAPHTTPConnection.java:354)

 at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:248)