Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by sam wun <sw...@gmx.com> on 2008/08/25 21:37:53 UTC

how to create domain.Order class

Hi,

I have a java class file CreateOrder.java with the following coding:

package command;

import java.sql.Connection;
import java.sql.SQLException;
import java.sql.PreparedStatement;
import domain.Order;

/**
 * Create Order in the database
 */

public class CreateOrder implements DatabaseCommand {

    private Order order;

    public CreateOrder(Order o) {
        this.order = o;
    }

    public Object executeDatabaseOperation(Connection conn) throws
SQLException {
        // Create order
        PreparedStatement sta = conn.prepareStatement("INSERT INTO
ORDERS (ID, CUST_ID, DATE_PLACED, AMOUNT) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?)");
        sta.setInt(1, order.getId());
        sta.setInt(2, order.getCustId());
        sta.setDate(3, order.getDatePlaced());
        sta.setInt(4, order.getOrderAmount());
        int rows_inserted = sta.executeUpdate();
        sta.close();

        return rows_inserted;
    }
}

Can anyone tell me  how to create domain.Order class?

I am using Eclipse 3.4, the project name is DBTest with the following
structure:

> DBTest

   Deployment Descriptor: DBTest

   Java Resourse: src

           +command

                   CreateOrder.java

            Libraries

    Build

    WebContent

    JavaScript Support

I am wondering where to create a domain.Order class/java file.  Do I have
to create a directory domain under src/ directory and then create
Order.java file inside theh domain folder?

Thanks

Sam

Re: how to create domain.Order class

Posted by Youssef Mohammed <yo...@gmail.com>.

> I am wondering where to create a domain.Order class/java file.  Do I have
> to create a directory domain under src/ directory and then create
> Order.java file inside theh domain folder?

yes.
Best of luck in your homework :P

--
Regards, Youssef