Posted to user@ant.apache.org by sarancse <sa...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/14 08:00:24 UTC

ANT - copy file to network drive

Hi
I am trying to copy my war file from local drive[Windows] to network
drive[Linux] using my ANT script.
My network drive path is \\\\\\usr\\local\\java\\jboss-4.2.0-GA
I got "the network path was not found" error.
Please help on this.

Re: ANT - copy file to network drive

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
sarancse wrote:
> Hi
> I am trying to copy my war file from local drive[Windows] to network
> drive[Linux] using my ANT script.
> My network drive path is \\\\\\usr\\local\\java\\jboss-4.2.0-GA
> I got "the network path was not found" error.
> Please help on this.

This means its not a valid network path.

Re: ANT - copy file to network drive

Posted by Tommy Nordgren <to...@comhem.se>.
On 14 jun 2007, at 08.00, sarancse wrote:

> Hi
> I am trying to copy my war file from local drive[Windows] to network
> drive[Linux] using my ANT script.
> My network drive path is \\\\\\usr\\local\\java\\jboss-4.2.0-GA
> I got "the network path was not found" error.
> Please help on this.
	1. There are far too many backslashes between each path segment. In
ant properties you should use a single
backslash between each path segment.
	2. The access paths to file or directories will be different locally
on your linux can, and remotely on your windows can.
3. I suggest writing a small windows app to choose a file with a
standard dialog, and print it's full path. Then, from your windows can,
select a file in the directory you want, and you will SEE what path
you need to use.
-------------------------------------
This sig is dedicated to the advancement of Nuclear Power
Tommy Nordgren
tommy.nordgren@comhem.se

Re: using '/' as the separator for the elements

Posted by Prashant Reddy <pr...@pramati.com>.
Is't it much easier to simply write a Java Program that uses String
Tokenizer to process the input and launches these commands ?

If you really really want to use ANT, just call up that Java class using
<java> task.

On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 23:26 -0700, Pritesh Saharey wrote:
> Hi All,
>        We had our product, whose one of command line tool is "mkranch",
> now if I use this command "mkbranch" it will create a branch for me on
> our server, its usage is like this
>
> Usage: mkbranch [flags] parent brname comment rooted [ownerid [groupid]]
>

> for example if I want to create a branch "foo/boo/goo3.1/goo3.1_SP1" and
> server name is "killme" than the usage will look like this
>
> mkbranch killme foo/boo/goo3.1/goo3.1_SP1 "Test branch" lilly
>
> but when I try to run this command it gives me error called "Bad name".
>
> Now the problem is that if I want to create branch
> "foo/boo/goo3.1/goo3.1_SP1" than I need to give each element separately
> like this:
>
> mkbranch killme foo "Test branch" lilly
> mkbranch killme/foo  boo "Test branch" lilly
> mkbranch killme/foo/boo goo3.1 "Test branch" lilly
> mkbranch killme/foo/boo/goo3.1 goo3.1_SP1 "Test branch" lilly
>
> These will create the desired branch for me.
>
> So would like to know how can I do it using ANT, so that using '/' as
> separator and in loop I can create branch in one shot, instead writing 4
> or 5 time the same command.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Wishes,
> Pritesh

-Prashant

Don't upload, just share : www.dekoh.com

using '/' as the separator for the elements