Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Robin Bowes <ro...@robinbowes.com> on 2005/11/09 20:50:28 UTC

[users@httpd] Help with Location directive

Hi,

I'm setting up a FC4 server with Apache2 to host svn + trac.

I'd like to have the following URLs:

Trac home:
http://projects.example.com

Individual Trac projects:
http://projects.example.com/project1
http://projects.example.com/project2

SVN home:
http://projects.robinbowes.com/repos

Individual SVN repos:
http://projects.robinbowes.com/repos/project1
http://projects.robinbowes.com/repos/project2

So far so good.

Here's the relevant section of my apache config:

    DocumentRoot /var/svn/
    Alias /trac/ /usr/share/trac/htdocs/
    <Directory "/usr/share/trac/htdocs">
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

    <Location />
        SetHandler mod_python
        PythonHandler trac.web.modpython_frontend
        PythonOption TracEnvParentDir "/var/trac"
        PythonOption TracUriRoot /
        # page to show list of projects goes here
        # PythonOption TracEnvIndexTemplate
    </Location>

    <Location /test1/login>
        AuthType Basic
        AuthName "test1"
        AuthUserFile /var/trac/test1/conf/security/users
        AuthGroupFile /var/trac/test1/conf/security/groups
        Require group test1-users
    </Location>

    <Directory /var/svn/>
        Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride all
        Allow from all
        Order allow,deny
    </Directory>

    <Location /repos>
        DAV svn

        # any "/svn/foo" URL will map to a repository /var/svn/foo
        SVNParentPath /var/svn
        # SVNIndexXSLT "/svnindex.xsl"
        AuthType Basic
        AuthName "Subversion repository"
        AuthUserFile /etc/svn-auth-file
        <LimitExcept GET PROPFIND OPTIONS REPORT>
            Require valid-user
        </LimitExcept>
    </Location>

Now, this basically works OK, apart from one thing, which is what I need
the help with.

To enable XML format listing of the source archives in svn, I'd like to
use the SVNIndexXSLT directive (commented out in the above code.

However, because I'm using mod_python to handle the root location "/"
the requests for svnindex.xsl are intercepted by mod_python.

Any suggestions as to how I can work round this?

Thanks,

R.
--
http://robinbowes.com

If a man speaks in a forest,
and his wife's not there,
is he still wrong?

Re: [users@httpd] Help with Location directive

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 11/9/05, Robin Bowes <ro...@robinbowes.com> wrote:

> To enable XML format listing of the source archives in svn, I'd like to
> use the SVNIndexXSLT directive (commented out in the above code.
>
> However, because I'm using mod_python to handle the root location "/"
> the requests for svnindex.xsl are intercepted by mod_python.

You can try
SetHandler default-handler
(or maby SetHandler none).

Just a guess...