Posted to user@ant.apache.org by so...@wachovia.com on 2006/01/17 17:20:10 UTC

java.lang.NullPointerException at .XMLJUnitResultFormatter.formatOutput(XMLJUnitResultFormatter.java:253)

I'm trying to get the jUnit task to show the results in a xml format,
however, when I add  "<formatter type="xml" />" in the Ant build script I
get java.lang.NullPointerException at
.XMLJUnitResultFormatter.formatOutput(XMLJUnitResultFormatter.java:253)

Error Output:
    [junit] java.lang.NullPointerException
    [junit] at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.XMLJUnitResultFormatter.formatOutput(
XMLJUnitResultFormatter.java:253)
    [junit] at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.XMLJUnitResultFormatter.setSystemOutput(
XMLJUnitResultFormatter.java:92)
    [junit] at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.sendOutAndErr(
JUnitTestRunner.java:435)
    [junit] at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.run(
JUnitTestRunner.java:319)
    [junit] at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.launch(
JUnitTestRunner.java:672)
    [junit] at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.main(
JUnitTestRunner.java:567)
    [junit] Exception in thread "main"

Here's what I have in the ant build file:

                <junit printsummary="yes" fork="yes" haltonfailure="yes"
showoutput="no">
                        <classpath>
                                <path refid="compile.classpath" />
                        </classpath>
                         <formatter type="xml" />
                        <test name="com.funb.doit.net.TestHelloWorld"
outfile="result" >
                                <formatter type="xml" />
                        </test>
                </junit>

Re: java.lang.NullPointerException at .XMLJUnitResultFormatter.formatOutput(XMLJUnitResultFormatter.java:253)

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, somath nao <so...@wachovia.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to get the jUnit task to show the results in a xml
> format, however, when I add "<formatter type="xml" />" in the Ant
> build script I get java.lang.NullPointerException at
> .XMLJUnitResultFormatter.formatOutput(XMLJUnitResultFormatter.java:253)

Which exact version of Ant is this (helps to locate what ant is trying
to do at that line)?

> Here's what I have in the ant build file:
>
>                 <junit printsummary="yes" fork="yes"
>                 haltonfailure="yes"
> showoutput="no">
>                         <classpath>
>                                 <path refid="compile.classpath" />
>                         </classpath>
>                          <formatter type="xml" />
>                         <test name="com.funb.doit.net.TestHelloWorld"
> outfile="result" >
>                                 <formatter type="xml" />
>                         </test>
>                 </junit>

Do you really want to separate xml formatters?

Stefan