Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Rémi Paeta <si...@gmail.com> on 2022/09/21 16:50:38 UTC

Help with virtual router

Hello,
I contact you because I am studying the possibility of using Cloudstack for
my company.
I currently use bare-metal servers that are rented from a hosting provider.
I encounter a problem for the management of Public IPs. My hosting provider
gives me public IPs that are associated with a specific mac address. I must
use this mac address for an IP ou a group of IP.
Is there a way to specify the MAC address of the virtual router's external
network interface?
Thanks for your expert advice!

Re: Help with virtual router

Posted by Rémi Paeta <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi there,

I'm reviving this topic.
I saw that it is possible to set the MAC address of an instance thanks to
this pull request:

Do you think it would be possible to apply the same for the virtual router?

Concerning, the addition of script, is it planned to give the possibility
of defining personalized scripts for keepalived or conntrackd?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

RE: Help with virtual router

Re: Help with virtual router

Posted by Rémi Paeta <si...@gmail.com>.