Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "eric.deandrea" <er...@inforonics.com> on 2001/08/09 18:17:54 UTC

please help!!!

I have a table with 4 columns. One of the cells has text in it that is
bigger than the size of the column and the text is over-writing the text in
the following cell. How do I stop this? I have this:

<fo:table>
	<fo:table-column column-width="2.625in"/>
	<fo:table-column column-width="2.625in"/>
	<fo:table-column column-width="2.625in"/>
	<fo:table-column column-width="2.625in"/>
	<fo:table-body>
		<fo:table-row>
			<fo:table-cell>
				<fo:block
					text-align="start"
					font-size="10pt"
					line-height="14pt"
					overflow="hidden"
					wrap-option="wrap">
				   	This is some text in cell 1 that
will over-write the text in cell 2.
				</fo:block>
			</fo:table-cell>
			<fo:table-cell>
				<fo:block
					text-align="start"
					font-size="10pt"
					line-height="14pt"
					overflow="hidden"
					wrap-option="wrap">
				   	This is some text in cell 2.
				</fo:block>
			</fo:table-cell>
			<fo:table-cell>
				<fo:block
					text-align="start"
					font-size="10pt"
					line-height="14pt"
					overflow="hidden"
					wrap-option="wrap">
				   	This is some text in cell 3.
				</fo:block>
			</fo:table-cell>
			<fo:table-cell>
				<fo:block
					text-align="start"
					font-size="10pt"
					line-height="14pt"
					overflow="hidden"
					wrap-option="wrap">
				   	This is some text in cell 4.
				</fo:block>
			</fo:table-cell>
		</fo:table-row>
	</fo:table-body>
</fo:table>

-Eric

Eric Deandrea
Software Engineer          (978) 698-6351
Inforonics, Inc.           eric.deandrea@inforonics.com
30 Porter Rd.
Littleton, MA 01460

Re: please help!!!

Posted by Karen Lease <kl...@club-internet.fr>.
Hi Eric,

Sorry if no one has answered your plea before now.
Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately?) I don't have any problem with
the example you sent. I'm using the latest CVS, but if you are using an
earlier version of FOP, you probably should try with the latest release
which is 0.20.1.

I've attached the PDF I generated, using a simple A4 size page master. I
assume this is the result you want?

It's true that the overflow property isn't implemented yet in FOP, but
Yyou shouldn't need to use it here, since the text is just wrapping
normally in the table cell. Overflow is really meant for flow objects
which won't fit at all on the page and should be clipped. An example
would be a large graphic.