Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Ron Clough <rv...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/11 08:26:37 UTC

Hunspell Spellchecker

I am using AOO 4.1.5 on Windows 8.1

I'll be grateful to be told how to install Hunspell Spellchecker. In
following up a particular issue, the advice given was to go to Writing Aids
and ensure Hunspell Spellchecker is ticked, However, it didn't appear in
the drop-down list.

Thankyou

Ron

Re: Hunspell Spellchecker

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com.INVALID>.
At 18:26 11/09/2018 +1000, Ron Clough wrote:
>I am using AOO 4.1.5 on Windows 8.1
>
>I'll be grateful to be told how to install Hunspell Spellchecker. In
>following up a particular issue, the advice given was to go to
>Writing Aids and ensure Hunspell Spellchecker is ticked, However, it
>didn't appear in the drop-down list.

Where are you looking? If you are seeing a drop-down list, I think
you must be looking in the wrong place!

Go to Tools | Options... | Language Settings | Writing Aids |
Available language modules. You should see Hunspell SpellChecker there.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Re: Hunspell Spellchecker

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 18:26:37 +1000
Ron Clough <rv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using AOO 4.1.5 on Windows 8.1
>
> I'll be grateful to be told how to install Hunspell Spellchecker. In
> following up a particular issue, the advice given was to go to Writing Aids
> and ensure Hunspell Spellchecker is ticked, However, it didn't appear in
> the drop-down list.
>
> Thankyou
>
> Ron

It is the first item on the list.  Sometimes lists open in the middle; you may have to scroll the list up to see it.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Hunspell Spellchecker

Posted by Ron Clough <rv...@gmail.com>.
Thankyou for your replies.

I have checked 'Available language modules' and Hunspell Spellchecker is
not there.

So I'm back to my original question: how can I get Hunspell Spellchecker
into Open Office?

Thanks

Ron