Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "as4j1th ." <as...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/04 12:38:20 UTC

Atomic updates behavior

Hi,

We've been evaluating the atomic update feature in Solr4.0. It would be
great if anyone can shed some light on the following.

#) There seems to be more than one way to pass data to UpdateJSON for
add/update. What would be the recommended way.
https://gist.github.com/3256587 OR https://gist.github.com/3256602

#) For atomic updates, we see that "copyField" fields are getting
appeneded.
For eg, if we have an entry in schema.xml <copyField source="name"
dest="text"/>, every atomic update is appending the value of the the field
"name" again to "text".
Is there any way to override this behavior?

Thanks
Sajith

Re: Atomic updates behavior

Posted by "as4j1th ." <as...@gmail.com>.

> Hi,
>
> We've been evaluating the atomic update feature in Solr4.0. It would be
> great if anyone can shed some light on the following.
>
> #) There seems to be more than one way to pass data to UpdateJSON for
> add/update. What would be the recommended way.
> https://gist.github.com/3256587 OR https://gist.github.com/3256602
>
> #) For atomic updates, we see that "copyField" fields are getting
> appeneded.
> For eg, if we have an entry in schema.xml <copyField source="name"
> dest="text"/>, every atomic update is appending the value of the the field
> "name" again to "text".
> Is there any way to override this behavior?
>
> Looks like resetting the destination field of the copyField to null will
solve the problem [ https://gist.github.com/3256716 ] . Not sure whether
this would be the recommended solution though.