Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rick Reumann <ma...@reumann.net> on 2002/09/06 16:49:31 UTC

Help with the boss..pleas help

Without getting into the long soap opera here at work, can someone
point to me any information regarding a comparison between Tomcat and
Oracle's OC4J.

We had all kinds of problems with OC4J here at work and I was running
Tomcat fine locally on my machine, so when the crap hit the fan, I was
told to install Tomcat for our apps and everything has been working
fine. This new boss comes in though and says we definitely need to go
back to getting OC4J set up correctly since it's 'so much better.'
(Mind you we aren't an amazon.com shop here nor will we ever be using
EJBs).

All of this started up again because on the same box as Tomcat is the
Oracles Reports server that I know was eating up CPU time and Tomcat
on the same box started crawling. Boss thinks OC4J will solve this
problem.

Are there any good links comparing the performance of Tomcat vs other
servers?

Thanks

--

Rick