Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by debest <va...@yahoo.it> on 2006/06/30 12:05:09 UTC

wsdoallreceiver

I'd like to have an axis server that can handle every type of authentication
using wss4j package and therefore wsdoallsender and wsdoallreceiver class.
I explain better: i don't want to set the action parameter in my
service.wsdd, but the wsdoallreceiver should must handle every type of
authentication.
My problem is that the httpsender.class from the client side don't send the
wshandlerconstants.action property to the other side and so the
wshandlerreceiver don't know the action that it must use for authenticate.

Re: AW: AW: wsdoallreceiver

Posted by debest <va...@yahoo.it>.
i don't understand then if the system that i want to develop is possible and
if not what are the problems  you refer to.
Make a example: on the client side i decide that i want present my
credentials with usernameToken form (username-password); the server when
receives message will try to authenticate the client with  PWCallback class
comparing the pair (username- password) given by the client with the pairs
username - password that the server took from its database. if there is a
match then the client will be authenticated.
The client could want to present his digital certificate to be
authenticated. The server when receives the message takes this certificate
and compares it with the certificates it considers secure that have saved in
keystore file. If the operation is successful the client will be
authenticated, otherwise no and the web service will not accessible to
client.
But for do this i need the server knows the authentication action
(WSHandlerConstants.action) to can handle the arrived message in the right
way, and i think that this parameter could be sent from the client (that
decide the way in which be authenticated) to server so that the
WSDOALLRECEIVER class can handler the message without modifing any code line
of the class.
Now you could question why a user could want present certificate if only
username-token is necessary, but the answer is that i could give more rights
in next authorization phase to a client that has been authenticated with his
certificate (a more strict system).
i hope i has been enough clear in my explanation

Re: AW: AW: wsdoallreceiver

Re: AW: AW: wsdoallreceiver

Re: AW: AW: wsdoallreceiver

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

IMHO the scenario you mentioned is supported by WS-SecurityPolicy.
And this policy will have to be published by the *service* with two
alternatives. The alternatives are to authenticate using a username
token _or_ to authenticate using the requester signature. Namely an
sp:TransportBinding with a UsernameToken or an sp:AsymmetricBinding.

IFF the service's security policy specifies those options as shown
below, the requester can decide to use either one of the
authentication modes.

Thanks,
Ruchtih

www.ruchith.org

Re: AW: AW: wsdoallreceiver

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: AW: AW: wsdoallreceiver

Re: AW: AW: wsdoallreceiver

Re: AW: AW: wsdoallreceiver

Re: AW: AW: wsdoallreceiver

Re: AW: AW: wsdoallreceiver

Re: AW: AW: wsdoallreceiver

Posted by Werner Dittmann <We...@t-online.de>.
Robert,

you are right if the server can control the security, e.g. using a security
policy. We have done some preparations to implement the WS Security Policy
as soon as it becomes a bit more stable. Using WSP it shall be possible
to define a policy at the server that may define several ways to authenticate
or to use encryption.

The concern I raised was that the server must have the "last word" about the
security policy and/or the security actions.

Regards,
Werner

Re: AW: AW: wsdoallreceiver

Posted by Werner Dittmann <We...@t-online.de>.
Robert,

Re: AW: AW: wsdoallreceiver

Posted by Robert Maier <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: AW: AW: wsdoallreceiver

Posted by Robert Maier <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: AW: AW: wsdoallreceiver

Posted by Werner Dittmann <We...@t-online.de>.

Re: AW: AW: wsdoallreceiver

Posted by Werner Dittmann <We...@t-online.de>.

Re: AW: AW: wsdoallreceiver

Re: AW: AW: wsdoallreceiver

Re: AW: wsdoallreceiver

Posted by debest <va...@yahoo.it>.
in the WSDoAllReceiver class there is this code part:

if ((action = (String) getOption(WSHandlerConstants.ACTION)) == null) {
            	  action=(String)
msgContext.getProperty(WSHandlerConstants.ACTION);

if the action parameter does not specify in service.wsdd file, the action
parameter is taken from the msgContext in the WSHandlerConstants.ACTION
property. This property is not sent directly over the wire by the HTTPSender
class.
Is there some way to pass this parameter to the server side?

Re: AW: wsdoallreceiver