Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Eric Ladouceur <la...@yahoo.com> on 2003/11/13 16:14:22 UTC

LDAP connection with Cocoon 2.1

Hi all,

  I am looking for help using the LDAP transformer.
Currently, I am trying to verify the passwords of my
users using an LDAP server.
 Here is a brief description of my situation:

1- We have a central server where all of our users
have an account.
2- I have a role file stored locally on my server
(contains access control rights for users allowed on
my server)
3- When logging-in on my server, I want to open a LDAP
connection (using the LDAP transformer) and if the
connection is a success (so the user supplied the
right password, according to LDAP) I will go on with
my processing.

   I did some test with the ldap transformer like
retreiving the given name of a user id, but I never
had it to work when trying to connect with a username
and a password...  I always get 'Failed LDAP
connection...'.  I searched for examples on the
internet, but realized that there are not many
examples on the LDAP transformer in Cocoon.

Anybody has someting in hands that could help me?

Thanks for your time,
Eric