Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com> on 2006/09/08 18:04:43 UTC

Tagging 5.5.20

Ok, with the latest mishap of the native versions, we'll make another
attempt.
I will tag 5.5.20 on Monday, 4pm CST (22.00 GMT)

Filip

Re: Tagging 5.5.20

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Yoav Shapira wrote:
> As long as someone (you probably, as the initiator ;)) is willing to
> maintain this notice, i.e. update it as necessary, I don't see this as
> too big a deal.  It's very similar to the startup notice that says the
> APR library was not found on your path and you should consider using
> it for optimal performance (or something like that, near the very
> startup of a Tomcat 5.5 without APR)...

I think something workable would be to say that a newer version is
available, without specifying a version number.

Rémy

Re: Tagging 5.5.20

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
As long as someone (you probably, as the initiator ;)) is willing to
maintain this notice, i.e. update it as necessary, I don't see this as
too big a deal.  It's very similar to the startup notice that says the
APR library was not found on your path and you should consider using
it for optimal performance (or something like that, near the very
startup of a Tomcat 5.5 without APR)...

Yoav

Re: Tagging 5.5.20

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

Re: Tagging 5.5.20

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.

Re: Tagging 5.5.20

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

Re: Tagging 5.5.20

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Mladen Turk wrote:
> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>>>
>>> OK. I'll try to refactor the APR listener
>>> so it uses the 'minimum API' (1.1.3) version without
>>> breaking, and issuing a note if the version
>>> is less then 'recommended' (1.1.4).
>>
>> This is useless (and possibly even dangerous) because the
>> "recommended" version may change in the meantime.
>>

> I meant:
> Minimum workable: 1.1.3
> Minimum (without warning): 1.1.4
>
> So, the next version (1.1.4+) will not issue
> an warning.

I still don't see much usefulness. 1.1.4 doesn't contain any serious
fixes over 1.1.3, but causes a warning. If later there's a security

Re: Tagging 5.5.20

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

--
Mladen.