Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by yz stone <yz...@hotmail.com> on 2005/12/23 04:18:29 UTC

SVG MIME type: "image/svg" instead of "image/svg+xml" (tomcat 5.5.9)

Hi there,

I am working on some static SVG files on my local tomcat (5.5.9) server.
When I key in the link of any SVG file from localhost:8080 in FireFox 1.5's
address bar, FireFox opens the download dialog for opening or saving files.
FireFox can display the content of the SVG files if "open using FireFox" is
chosen.  However, SVG files from other sites such as those from www.w2.org
can be opened without any problem.

I have installed the "extended link properties" extension for FireFox.  It
shows that the content type of links to SVG files from other sites is
"image/svg+xml", while the content type of links to SVG files from localhost
is "image/svg".  I guess this is the problem.

The strange thing is, the mime type mapping entries in the
[tomcat]/conf/web.xml file seem okay.  The entries related to "svg" include
"svg" (image/svg+xml) and "svgz" (image/svg+xml).

I really appreciate your help.  Thanks.

yzstone