Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Nges B <ng...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/04 23:02:53 UTC

Testing rhe libs/shell

Hi everyone.
There seems to be no test for libs/shell

But in Documentation , tutorials for beginners give 'test  newt test
@apache-mynewt-core/libs/shell'  as an example. I think it will e
better if we can change it , It can confuse newbies.
Thanks
--
"A Gal is a Dream with a Plan and a Dateline"

Do On to Others what you will like them to do on to you.'The Golden Rule'
Mozilla Regional Ambassador Lead Cameroon.
Software Deloper,
Web Designer and Developer.
Music DJ . Artiste at Casky Black's Record

Re: Testing rhe libs/shell

Posted by aditi hilbert <ad...@runtime.io>.
Nges,

That unfortunately (or fortunately) will keep changing as the project evolves. So the right thing to do it to make it clear that it’s a snapshot at a certain point in time. I can make that clear. Thanks!

aditi

Re: Testing rhe libs/shell

Posted by Nges B <ng...@gmail.com>.
Ok .I got it.
Thanks

Re: Testing rhe libs/shell

Posted by Sterling Hughes <st...@apache.org>.

Re: Testing rhe libs/shell

Posted by Christopher Collins <cc...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Apr 04, 2016 at 11:55:54PM +0100, Nges B wrote:
> in a new created project , the newt test all fails the libs/json .
> the jlibs/json was not corrected on that repository.
> Thanks

It looks like this particular fix was already pushed to the develop
branch on 2016-03-21 (e8a365bd766ac2963ca9c757175889caf5f12461).

The reason you still see the test failure in a newly created project is
that newt's default behavior is to use the mynewt_0_8_0_b2_tag, not the
develop branch.  The json unit test fix will be visible by default in
the next release of the core repository.

If you want to try out the fix, you can configure your project to use
the develop branch of core.  Do this by changing your project.yml file
to use core 0.0.0 as follows:

FROM:

    repository.apache-mynewt-core:
        type: github
        vers: 0-latest
        user: apache
        repo: incubator-mynewt-core

TO:

    repository.apache-mynewt-core:
        type: github
        vers: 0.0.0
        user: apache
        repo: incubator-mynewt-core

Note that the develop branch my be broken at any time, so it is only
recommended for testing and development.  Also, it is likely to be
incompatible with non-develop-branches of other repositories (e.g., newt
tool and arduino repo).

Thanks for submitting the pull request.  As this particular fix was
already implemented, I will close the request, but please submit more if
you find other issues

Chris

Re: Testing rhe libs/shell

Posted by Nges B <ng...@gmail.com>.