Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Chinmoy Chakraborty <cc...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/06 12:04:45 UTC

Date string can not be less than 19 charactors

Hello,

I am getting error "date string can not be less than 19 charactors" while
returning a date from a published service. I am using Axis2 1.5.1.

Could anyone give me a pointer about what causes this error?

Chinmoy

Re: Date string can not be less than 19 charactors

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 4:34 PM, Chinmoy Chakraborty <cc...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am getting error "date string can not be less than 19 charactors" while
> returning a date from a published service. I am using Axis2 1.5.1.
>
> Could anyone give me a pointer about what causes this error?

How you have create the service? If you use POJO java.util.Date is mapped to
xsd:date and java.util.Calendar is mapped to dateTime.

The cause for error is axis2 receives a data format to pass datetime.

thanks,
Amila.

--
Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

Re: Date string can not be less than 19 charactors

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.

--
Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

Re: Date string can not be less than 19 charactors

Posted by Afkham Azeez <af...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I searched the entire Axis2 code base for the typo 'charactors' and
could not find any code having that string.

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 4:47 PM, Martin Makundi <
martin.makundi@koodaripalvelut.com> wrote:

> Looks like custom error from your service.
>
> **
> Martin
>
> 2011/1/6 Chinmoy Chakraborty <cc...@gmail.com>:
> > Hello,
> > I am getting error "date string can not be less than 19 charactors" while
> > returning a date from a published service. I am using Axis2 1.5.1.
> > Could anyone give me a pointer about what causes this error?
> > Chinmoy

*Afkham Azeez*
Senior Software Architect & Senior Manager; WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com,
*
*
*Member; Apache Software Foundation;
**http://www.apache.org/*<http://www.apache.org/>
*
email: **azeez@wso2.com* <az...@wso2.com>* cell: +94 77 3320919
blog: **http://blog.afkham.org* <http://blog.afkham.org>*
twitter: **http://twitter.com/afkham_azeez*<http://twitter.com/afkham_azeez>
*
linked-in: **http://lk.linkedin.com/in/afkhamazeez*
*
*
*Lean . Enterprise . Middleware*
*
*

Re: Date string can not be less than 19 charactors

Posted by Afkham Azeez <af...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chinmoy Chakraborty <cc...@gmail.com>.
But I see *AXIS2-4370 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-4370> in
jira...and in Axis2 1.4 it was fine...*
*
*
*
*
***
*

Posted by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com>.

Posted by Afkham Azeez <af...@gmail.com>.
Please file a JIRA with the stacktraces, and relevant resources. We will
take a look at this issue. It would be great if you could provide a test
case as well. It would be even better if you could provide a patch :)

Azeez

Posted by Amarnath Reddy <am...@gmail.com>.
Yes i am also facing the same problem while sending request from the axis2
client(for java.util.date)....

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 4:34 PM, Chinmoy Chakraborty <cc...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am getting error "date string can not be less than 19 charactors" while
> returning a date from a published service. I am using Axis2 1.5.1.
>
> Could anyone give me a pointer about what causes this error?
>
> Chinmoy

Amarnath Redddy.G
91-9985923453.

Re: Date string can not be less than 19 charactors

Posted by Afkham Azeez <af...@gmail.com>.
Can you debug the source and find the value of 'source' in line 892 of
ConverterUtil?

Posted by Chinmoy Chakraborty <cc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Supun Malinga <aw...@gmail.com>.
Hi,