Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by ra...@scandent.com on 2005/06/16 13:22:41 UTC

Re: Distributing the Users

 My suggestion is

Test Plan
      Thread Grp 1 ( Set Number of Threads as 20 users )
            page A
      Thread Grp 2 ( Set Number of Threads as 20 users )
            page B
      Thread Grp 3 ( Set Number of Threads as 20 users )
            page C
      Thread Grp 4 ( Set Number of Threads as 20 users )
            page D
      Thread Grp 5 ( Set Number of Threads as 20 users )
            page E

PS: You have not specified about login page. If login page is included in
your distribution then each thread group will have login page inside once
only controller.

Regards
Ravi shankar S

                      "Shaik Afgal
                      Bhasha"                  To:       "JMeter Users List" <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>
                      <shaikb@intelligr        cc:
                      oup.com>                 Subject:  Distributing the Users

                      06/16/2005 04:52
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "JMeter Users
                      List"

Hi,

We are doing load testing of our web application. I have recorded the
script. But I stuck at distributing the users what I meant by this is

I would like to distribute First 20% users to hit the Page A first, next 20%
to Page B so on. Ultimately all users have to visit all pages.

Number of Thread – 100
Number of pages – 5 (Page A, Page B etc)

How can I simulate this scenario using JMeter. Is it possible?

Can anyone provide me details?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Afzal

Important Email Information :- The  information  in  this  email is
confidential and may  be  legally  privileged. It  is  intended  solely for
the addressee. Access to  this email  by anyone  else  is  unauthorized.  If
you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited
and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended addressee please contact
the sender and dispose of this e-mail immediately.

Re: Distributing the Users

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
Or one could use the throughput controller

Test Plan
   Thread Group (100 users)
      Interleave Controller
         Throughput Controller (20%, not per-user)
            page A
         Throughput Controller (20%, not per-user)
            page B
        etc

It depends on how regimented you want the users.

-Mike