Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Martijn Dekkers <ma...@dekkers.org.uk> on 2018/10/25 21:13:56 UTC

DBCPConnectionPool Not looking up

Hello all,

We ran into a weird issue. We use a DBCPConnectionPool to select the
correct db for specific queries. Every so often (3 times now today, few
times yesterday) the DBCPConnectionPool will bug out with "Attributes
must contain an attribute name 'database.name'" event though the
database.name attribute is present in the flowfiles, and correct.
Sometimes restarting the ConnectionPool will help, sometimes it just
"fixes" again. We have several SQL processors using this pool, and some
send lots of small queries, and these are in different process groups.
The issue always occurs with a specific PutSQL processor. We have a few
ExecuteSQL processors that work fine.
The logs don't show anything out of order.

Can anyone suggest a more thorough way of debugging this?

Thanks

Martijn

Re: DBCPConnectionPool Not looking up

Posted by Martijn Dekkers <ma...@dekkers.org.uk>.
Thanks Alexandre,

This took us some time to figure out but the culprit turned out to be a
merge processor that didn't merge properly, which is another problem for
another time :)
Martijn

Posted by Martijn Dekkers <ma...@dekkers.org.uk>.