Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org> on 2005/10/04 16:10:58 UTC

[discuss] Announcements for certification

All,

M5 is a big release for us, a major milestone - it's what we set out
to do back in August of 2003!  :)

Jeff did the announcement to the dev list and put the binaries on the
mirror system, and I've added that to the website.  Some of the
mirrors have it, so we can add an announcement to the front page
based on how we decide on the timing.

Things we need to decide :

1) Ask PRC for a press release announcing M5 as certified?

2) Since I've seen the binaries on a few mirrors, I think now is
fine, and we can add things like links to press releases as they
happen, does anyone have a problem w/ an annoucenment going on the
geronimo site now?  it may take some time to propogate to www

3) Announce to apache community

4) announce elsewhere

geir

geirm@apache.org

Re: [discuss] Announcements for certification

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote, On 10/4/2005 7:10 AM:

> All,
>
> M5 is a big release for us, a major milestone - it's what we set out
> to do back in August of 2003!  :)
>
> Jeff did the announcement to the dev list and put the binaries on the
> mirror system, and I've added that to the website.  Some of the
> mirrors have it, so we can add an announcement to the front page
> based on how we decide on the timing.
>
> Things we need to decide :
>
> 1) Ask PRC for a press release announcing M5 as certified?

+1

> 2) Since I've seen the binaries on a few mirrors, I think now is
> fine, and we can add things like links to press releases as they
> happen, does anyone have a problem w/ an annoucenment going on the
> geronimo site now?  it may take some time to propogate to www

+1

> 3) Announce to apache community

+1

> 4) announce elsewhere

+1

Regards,
Alan

Re: [discuss] Announcements for certification

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
On Oct 4, 2005, at 10:10 AM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> All,
>
> M5 is a big release for us, a major milestone - it's what we set
> out to do back in August of 2003!  :)
>
> Jeff did the announcement to the dev list and put the binaries on
> the mirror system, and I've added that to the website.  Some of the
> mirrors have it, so we can add an announcement to the front page
> based on how we decide on the timing.
>
> Things we need to decide :
>
> 1) Ask PRC for a press release announcing M5 as certified?

I've notified PRC and will post the starting point for the release
later today.

> 2) Since I've seen the binaries on a few mirrors, I think now is
> fine, and we can add things like links to press releases as they
> happen, does anyone have a problem w/ an annoucenment going on the
> geronimo site now?  it may take some time to propogate to www

I'll add the text from Jeff's announcement to the front page of the G
site.  We can tweak from there.

geir

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
btw, I'm assuming a bit of delay as we talk through this to allow the
mirrors to get the code.  It's important to have teh code out there
like that before pointing people to a release... something to
remember for the future...

geir

geirm@apache.org