Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Brian Biby <re...@verizon.net> on 2001/11/16 06:40:00 UTC

os-windows/7401: Apache 1.3.19 steals all IP addresses from IIS

The following reply was made to PR os-windows/7401; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Brian Biby" <re...@verizon.net>
To: <sl...@apache.org>, <lm...@northpark.edu>
Cc: <ap...@apache.org>
Subject: os-windows/7401: Apache 1.3.19 steals all IP addresses from IIS
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 23:30:47 -0600

 ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C16E2D.8DB704D0

 I realize this thread is a little old, but my problem is identical to =
 7401 and I  have not been able to find the solution to this problem =
 elsewhere. =20

 If the apache service is started BEFORE IIS, then it seems to steal all =
 the addresses on the specified port.  If the two applicaions use =
 different port numbers, there is no obvious conflict.  If IIS is started =
 first, both IIS and apache seem to play well together, until you STOP =
 the IIS sites on the specified port (as soon as IIS gives them up, =
 apache steals them!).

 I have checked over all the included files as well as the  httpd.conf to =
 be sure there arent extra uncommented bindaddress or port or listen =
 directives (there are none).  Using bindaddress & port or listen, I get =
 apache to respond properly to web requests (only to the bound =
 address/port or the listen address/port gives a response to the =
 browser).  Even though there is no web response to the other IP =
 addresses on the machine, IIS seems to think the address/port is in use =
 and the IIS will not startup.

 Is there a solution to this other than delaying the start of the apache =
 service until IIS is up and running? =20

 Any help will be appreciated...  Thanks.. Brian

 ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C16E2D.8DB704D0

 <HTML><HEAD>
 charset=3Diso-8859-1">
 <STYLE></STYLE>
 </HEAD>
 <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
 <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I realize this thread is a little old, =
 but my=20
 problem is identical to 7401 and I&nbsp; have not been able to find the =
 solution=20
 to this problem elsewhere.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
 <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If&nbsp;the apache service is started =
 BEFORE IIS,=20
 then it seems to steal all the addresses on the&nbsp;specified =
 port.&nbsp; If=20
 the two applicaions use different port numbers, there is no obvious=20
 conflict.&nbsp; If IIS is started first, both IIS and&nbsp;apache seem =
 to play=20
 well together, until you&nbsp;STOP the IIS sites on the specified port =
 (as soon=20
 as IIS gives them up, apache steals them!).<BR></FONT></DIV>
 <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have checked over all the included =
 files as well=20
 as the &nbsp;httpd.conf to be sure there arent extra uncommented =
 bindaddress or=20
 port or listen directives (there are none).&nbsp; Using bindaddress =
 &amp; port=20
 or listen, I get apache to respond properly to web requests (only =
 to&nbsp;the=20
 bound address/port or the listen address/port gives a response to the=20
 browser).&nbsp; Even though there is no web response to the other IP =
 addresses=20
 on the machine, IIS seems to think the address/port is in use and the =
 IIS will=20
 not startup.</FONT></DIV>
 <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Is there a solution to this other than =
 delaying the=20
 start of the apache service until IIS is up and running?&nbsp; =
 </FONT></DIV>
 <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Any help will be appreciated...&nbsp; =
 Thanks..=20
 Brian</FONT></DIV>

 ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C16E2D.8DB704D0--