Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org> on 2012/06/27 15:20:19 UTC

Enable automation for release blocker requests?

With the new round of hand-written request-for-blocker-flag mails I'd
like to reintroduce the automatism I had suggested a while ago [1]:

When someone requests a release blocker flag in bugzilla then an
automatic mail to either this or to the ooo-issues list should be generated.

A couple of month this suggestion was rejected because of the noise it
generated on the mailing lists. But with the hand-written requests we
have all the noise, a source for errors and extra work. Why not automate
and let the computers do what they can do better?

Other possible workflows could be that the issues with pending
blocker-flags get queried and only the issues where its comments show
uncertainties or conflict potential should be discussed on the
dev-mailing list.

IMHO the workflow we are using now with the manual requests is the worst
of the three alternatives.

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/201202.mbox/%3C4F2ABC07.1060801@apache.org%3E

Herbert

Re: Enable automation for release blocker requests?

Posted by Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org>.
On 28.06.2012 03:14, Ji Yan wrote:
> +1
> With the the auto mail roll out, everyone will be able to commentate on the
> bug. and we wont miss any defect which requested as release blocker.

Thanks! The automation has been enabled now.

Please note that the automatism only works for newly requested flags, so
issues that already have undecided request-blocker flags have to be
handled as before.

Posted by Ji Yan <ya...@gmail.com>.
+1

--