Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Bartek <ba...@o2.pl> on 2009/02/17 19:39:03 UTC

Trying to understand how webapp works

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how webapp part is working.

I've installed nutch and crawled some site. Then deployed .war file and
in file {tomcat.dir}/nutch/WEB-INF/classes/nutch-site.xml
I've put correct searcher.dir, in my case /usr/local/nutch/crawls/site1

Everything is working fine but...

When I removed whole crawls dir (/usr/local/nutch/crawls) web
application is still working fine. Searching is working (but not cache -
I assume that it can't find segments)

So could someone explain to me why it is still working?

Any hints?

P.S. bin/nutch org.apache.nutch.searcher.NutchBean phrase    is not
working (so it's correct)

Regards,
Bartosz Gadzimski

Re: Trying to understand how webapp works

Posted by Bartek <ba...@o2.pl>.
Sami Siren pisze:
> Bartek wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to figure out how webapp part is working.
>>
>> I've installed nutch and crawled some site. Then deployed .war file
>> and in file {tomcat.dir}/nutch/WEB-INF/classes/nutch-site.xml
>> I've put correct searcher.dir, in my case /usr/local/nutch/crawls/site1
>>
>> Everything is working fine but...
>>
>> When I removed whole crawls dir (/usr/local/nutch/crawls) web
>> application is still working fine. Searching is working (but not
>> cache - I assume that it can't find segments)
>>
>> So could someone explain to me why it is still working?
> You didn't restart tomcat after killing the directory did you? It
> might be working because the webapp still has references to all files
> it needs. Restart tomcat and it should work no more.
>
> --
> Sami Siren

Thanks it explains it a bit. Anyway it's strange because crawled dir had
more than 1GB so all references should be gone.

Posted by Sami Siren <ss...@gmail.com>.