Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Susan Bradeen <Su...@softlanding.com> on 2002/10/28 17:05:08 UTC

Checkbox column and paging.

I have a JSP table that contains a checkbox column used for multiple
selection, which returns the selected item(s) Id value to a String array
in my ActionForm bean. Happily, this is working. However, my problem is
with paging. I am using the Display Tags to display my table, with a
Decorator to show my checkbox in each row. The selected Id values that
pass to my form bean are only the values on the current "page" of my
table. Other items I have selected in the "previous" and "next" pages are
not remembered and passed to the form bean array field.

I need a little help following through with this, could someone please
point me in the right direction? Is there a way to collect all the values
on each page before submitting the form, so that all of the selected
values are saved in the array? Will this require some sort of custom
manipulation (not experienced with this) of the paging tags?

Thank you,
Susan Bradeen