Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Dileepa Jayakody <di...@wso2.com> on 2012/09/04 21:29:47 UTC

How to install a set of OSGi bundles as Geronimo plugins in Geronimo v3

Hi all,

Is there a way to install a set of osgi bundles as Geronimo plugins (rather
than installing bundles one by one)?
I deployed the set of bundles as /hotbundles but they don't go into the
repository. Is there a way to install a bundle set as Geronimo plugins?
(Maybe integrate the bundles when building a Geronimo distribution ? or
give the location of my set of bundles as a bundle repository?)

Thanks,
Dileepa

Re: How to install a set of OSGi bundles as Geronimo plugins in Geronimo v3

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Sep 4, 2012, at 12:29 PM, Dileepa Jayakody wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there a way to install a set of osgi bundles as Geronimo plugins (rather than installing bundles one by one)?

yes, that is how the geronimo serve is assembled.  You will end up with an irrelevant plugin bundle, but that won't hurt much.

I recommend creating the plugin the way we do in geronimo, with a maven project using the geronimo car packaging.  The (transitive) maven dependencies of the maven project will get added as plugin dependencies and installed when you install the plugin.  Note that this uses maven coordinates and a maven repo for the bundles, not a bundle repository.

You can then either install your geronimo plugin into an existing geronimo server or construct a custom server including your plugin.

hope this helps
david jencks