Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by P <pr...@hotmail.com> on 2012/08/11 08:34:59 UTC

File size limit in a HTTP POST request

Hi,

I am trying to upload a file ~250MB in a POST request using HTTP Sampler.
However I see that JMeter is not able to send any file >100MB. In my test
case with ~250MB file, I see that JMeter hangs after a while, and never
closes the connection.
Has anyone encountered a similar behavior? It seems that there is a limit of
100MB file size for file uploads/post requests. Is there a workaround that
anyone can recommend?

I appreciate the help!

Thanks!

-Radha

Re: File size limit in a HTTP POST request

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 11 August 2012 15:40, P <pr...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am using JMeter version 2.6.r1237317. I tried both Java and HTTPClient 4 implementations. Had same results and noticed the limit to be 100MB.
> Thanks in advance for the help,
> Radha

I've just tried with JMeter 2.7 and 2.6, POSTing to Jetty 8.1.5.v20120716.

[The default Jetty server allows POSTing to /dump/info]

I had no problem sending a 360MB file using either HttpClient 3.1 or 4.

However using the Java HTTP implementation did cause problems.

Maybe there is an issue with the server.

Posted by apc <ap...@apc.kg>.
Hi,

Here's some old posts on the same problem:

http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/fileupload-test-with-JMeter-td4267154.html

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/jmeter-plugins/VDqXDNDCr6w%5B1-25%5D

-----
--
Andrey Pohilko
JP@GC Maintainer

RE: File size limit in a HTTP POST request

Posted by Prachi Lale-Sonalkar <pr...@hotmail.com>.
Hi all,
I would like to request your thoughts/suggestions for the following problem. Did anyone encounter a similar issue when sending a large file in POST request?If so, was there any workaround that was useful?
Thanks in anticipation,
Prachi

Posted by P <pr...@hotmail.com>.

Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 02:57:08 -0700