Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Thomas Deaton <TD...@co.guilford.nc.us> on 2005/05/31 15:26:58 UTC

whitelist v.s. negative values

We're getting a lot of spam spoofed from people on our whitlists. I was thinking about removing them from the whitelist and putting them in the spam.assassin.prefs.conf  under "From:" with a negative value.
Does this sound like a good idea?

E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the
North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an
authorized county official. If you have received this communication in
error , please do not distribute it. Please notify the sender by E-mail
at the address shown and delete the original message.

Thank you

Re: whitelist v.s. negative values

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
At 09:26 AM 5/31/2005, Thomas Deaton wrote:
>We're getting a lot of spam spoofed from people on our whitlists. I was
>thinking about removing them from the whitelist and putting them in the
>spam.assassin.prefs.conf  under "From:" with a negative value.
>Does this sound like a good idea?

why not use whitelist_from_rcvd instead of whitelist_from. This is
difficult to spoof if your trusted_networks is working properly.