Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/05 10:40:12 UTC

Has anyone got any thoughts (positive or negative) about this?

http://code.google.com/p/winant/

I'm just looking at html5boilerplate and the build script is IMHO
fairly standard for a none build person and I came across this
reference to an 'installer for ant'

Weird?

Should we add it to the external tools section?

Kev

Re: Has anyone got any thoughts (positive or negative) about this?

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 21:07, Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com> wrote on 04/05/2011 04:40:12 AM:
>
>> http://code.google.com/p/winant/
>>
>> I'm just looking at html5boilerplate and the build script is IMHO
>> fairly standard for a none build person and I came across this
>> reference to an 'installer for ant'
>>
>> Weird?
>
> I can't say that I understand the premise of the thing...installing Ant on
> Windows is hard? Surely I'm missing something: when did unzip & go become
> "hard"?

I think there would be a fair number of Windows users who want an
installer to do the work for them:

1. Keep track of installed products
2. Figure out where to put Ant
3. Update paths, set environment variables
4. Make sure there is a compatible JVM
etc

When in Rome ...

I'm also happy to list it.

Conor

Re: Has anyone got any thoughts (positive or negative) about this?

Posted by Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>.

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
On 4/5/2011 5:07 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 2011-04-05, Kevin Jackson wrote:
>
>> http://code.google.com/p/winant/
>> Should we add it to the external tools section?
> So far we've waited for people to submit their own entries for the page
> but I don't see any harm in creating one ourselves from the public
> information on the project's website.
>
> Stefan
I do not mind either having this program added to the external tools
section.

Regards,

Antoine

Re: Has anyone got any thoughts (positive or negative) about this?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2011-04-05, Kevin Jackson wrote:

> http://code.google.com/p/winant/

I've seen it come up in some searches but never looked into it.