Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by bcaramu <bc...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/02 17:24:03 UTC

Spring MVC Session handling with Shiro

Hi,

I have implemented Shiro with Spring MVC. Everything is going well except
session expiry. Even I have session-timeout config in web.xml, session has
not been expiring after that time. It is kind of never expiration. Could
some tell me how to handle it in Shiro config or any other way to honor
based on session-timeout?

Thanks,
Rama.

--
Sent from: http://shiro-user.582556.n2.nabble.com/

Re: Spring MVC Session handling with Shiro

Posted by Brian Demers <br...@gmail.com>.
You might need to create and register a filter:
https://shiro.apache.org/web.html#Web-DefaultFilters
Catch and handle an ExpiredSessionException.

Though just sending your user back to the login page directly (maybe with
an optional error message) might prevent a couple user clicks.

Posted by Brian Demers <br...@gmail.com>.
Are you just trying to send the use back to the login page?