Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/01 23:09:08 UTC

Re: [Propose] move website repository from svn to git

FYI: I just take a step to this, but blocked at creating git repository in
reporeq.apache.org.

Just filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-14765. In that issue
I also asked how to serve website with non-main project repository.

2017년 7월 31일 (월) 오후 10:56, Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.invalid>님이 작성:

Posted by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
Thanks for clarifying.
We have not run into an issue were we actually have needed to fix the docs for an already released version, not saying that it will not happen in the future though as the docs are not perfect.  But updating the docs to describe a feature that someone is working on is a much more common situation in my opinion, so if we do need to update docs for a release that we already did, then it probably would involve a lot of applying the same changes to a number of different places.

- Bobby

On Monday, August 7, 2017, 9:09:23 AM CDT, Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

Maybe I was not clear. I meant removing 'releases' directory from
storm-site repo, not storm repo, given that we have duplicated docs between
twos. If we can get rid of that we can reduce the size greatly, but as I
stated from another thread, it may need to decouple main docs and release
docs.

One thing I'm considering is fixing doc for version which is already
released. Assuming we had to fix doc for 1.1.1 (already released), which
doc we need to fix? Only 1.x-branch and 1.1.x-branch in storm repo? Or we
need to store docs in releases directory as it is and fix it as well?

2017년 8월 7일 (월) 오후 10:52, Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.invalid>님이 작성:

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.