Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by raceeene <ra...@xs4all.nl> on 2010/03/05 14:06:32 UTC

Can somebody give me a clue how to solve a 'Read timed out' Exception?

When I run a CXF generated Webservice in Tomcat, the WS Client works fine,
it becomes answers from the Webservice.

But when I access the 'same' webservice on a Microsoft-IIS/6.0 server, I
get
a 'Read timed out':
Mar 5, 2010 1:29:43 PM
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.LoggingOutInterceptor$LoggingCallback onClose
INFO: Outbound Message
---------------------------
ID: 1
Address: http://bosanova:/swing/music.asmx
Encoding: UTF-8
Headers: {SOAPAction=["http://www.microsoft.com/music/ReadDevice"],
Accept=[*/*]}
Payload: <soap:Envelope
xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><soap:Body><ns2:ReadDevice
xmlns:ns2="http://www.microsoft.com/iptv/bss"><deviceId>99999</deviceId></ns2:ReadDevice></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>
--------------------------------------
Mar 5, 2010 1:30:44 PM org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain
doIntercept
WARNING: Interceptor has thrown exception, unwinding now
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: Could not send Message.
	at
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.MessageSenderInterceptor$MessageSenderEndingInterceptor.handleMessage(MessageSenderInterceptor.java:64)
	at
org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:236)
	at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:483)
	at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:309)
	at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:261)
	at org.apache.cxf.frontend.ClientProxy.invokeSync(ClientProxy.java:73)
	at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsClientProxy.invoke(JaxWsClientProxy.java:124)
	at $Proxy57.readDevice(Unknown Source)
	at webservice.client.Music_Client.getDevice(Music_Client.java:105)
	at webservice.client.Music_Client.main(Music_Client.java:196)
Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
 .
 .
 .

I have another WS Client, based on Axis, but deeply burried in a WAR file,
which I cannot use.
So I created a new CXF based WS Client, where I used the same WSDL file
(document, litteral).

In the Axis Stubs I found things like sendXsiTypes=false and
sendMultiRefs=false.
Maybe these valuse have to be set in my CXF WS Client, but I cannot find
information
about howto do this.
The situtuation is that my XCF WS Client waits for a response, but the
Microsoft Webservice
doesn't send a reponse presumably.
An annotation like @OneWay doesn't appear applicable to me, as the WS
Method (readDevice) has
a return value.

Many thanks in advance, and many greets,

Harry van Rijn