Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Kropp, Henning" <hk...@microlution.de> on 2008/03/06 18:41:12 UTC

ParameterIntercepter throws unexpected Exception on parameter

Hi List,

the ParameterIntercepter throws the following exception at my page:

ERROR [btpool0-1] ParametersInterceptor.setParameters(204) |
ParametersInterceptor - [setParameters]: Unexpected Exception caught
setting 'button.regi
ster' on 'class com.webapp.action.SignupAction: Error setting expression
'button.register' with value '[Ljava.lang.String;@62e8c8'

Well, the parameter 'button.register' is a key value for <s:button /> .
I don't understand why this Exception is thrown and have no clue how to
track the issue down.
The SignUpAction uses besides a save() method an execute() method. The
execute() method is primarly used to distinguish between get and post
methodType.

Any given aspects will be appreciated.

thx

Re: [struts] ParameterIntercepter throws unexpected Exception on parameter

Posted by Dale Newfield <Da...@Newfield.org>.
Kropp, Henning wrote:
> ERROR [btpool0-1] ParametersInterceptor.setParameters(204) |
> ParametersInterceptor - [setParameters]: Unexpected Exception caught
> setting 'button.regi
> ster' on 'class com.webapp.action.SignupAction: Error setting expression
> 'button.register' with value '[Ljava.lang.String;@62e8c8'

As discussed in another thread today, this message is only reported with
devMode set to true.

If you don't want the parametersInterceptor to attempt to set that
parameter, make sure it's not sent by the browser.  To do this, ensure
that the generated form input/button has no name attribute set.

-Dale