Posted to users@maven.apache.org by KLOPP Gerald <gk...@europarl.eu.int> on 2004/05/17 17:27:32 UTC

scm:bootstrap-project problem : cannot compile java sources

Hi,

I'm using scm:bootstrap-project goal to build a project using maven configuration files stored in cvs.
Everything works fine but when I want to compile my java source files, I get the following message :
'No java source files to compile'
I have checked the maven.src.dir properties and it points to my java source files
I can't figure out the problem.

Thank you for your help
Gérald Klopp

Re: scm:bootstrap-project problem : cannot compile java sources

Posted by Maxwell Grender-Jones <MG...@email.com>.
Ok, now I may be wrong for your particular problem, but bear in mind
that when you use maven to run another maven project (e.g. in
multiproject, or bootstrap), when the second project is run, the current
working directory is the same as the directory where your project.xml
file is, so for example if your project.xml file is in a subdirectory in
cvs, say maven/, src/ within your project.xml will refer to maven/src,
not plain src/. This can result in src directories not being found (and
a whole host of other confusions).

Hope this helps (by being appropriate to your problem).

--
[M. Grender-Jones                                ]
[MSN: MGrenderJones@email.com       ICQ: 28467015]

I am a marvellous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his
house. - Zsa Zsa Gabor